Saturday, February 21, 2009

Creative Paint Workshop



I have a DVD by Ann Baldwin called Telling Stories with collage & paint. If you are new to selecting materials, images, layering, color choices and texture, it's a wonderful DVD to own.

In this book she expands on that DVD and included encaustic, digital images and Golden products.

It a wonderful workbook done in a spiral binding which frankly I wish all art books would do. I often take them in to Kinko's and have them remove the spine and replace it with a spiral one. I like a book to lay flat when I am studying a process.

If you have been doing mixed media for a while or collaging for a good bit this isn't the book for you. The pictures of her work are wonderful. Books are expensive and this one has a list price of $25.00

No comments: