Saturday, March 1, 2008

M. Joan Lintault Connecting Quilts, Art & Textiles

If you like her work you are going to love looking through this book. The book is rich in detail and explanations. It's the kind of book that when you are feeling like the muse hasn't been to your studio for a loooooooooooooong time, this book might get you excited to try something different. Her discussions about what had impacts on her art are inspiring. It reminded me to keep looking around my daily existence, keep that camera with me and allow myself time to connect the dots of what I might be seeing and how it might influence my own art work. If you want to check out her website, www.mjlintault.com She also has a blog devoted to indigo dyeing a, natural dyes and resist techniques, indigodye.blogspot.com

No comments: